İçeriğe geçmek için "Enter"a basın

Norway Overcome Armenia in UEFA U19 finals

Report by Fred Magee

Both teams started briskly with Armenia having a penalty claim for hand ball turned down in the 4th minute. One minute later the Armenian No 11, Edgar, shot wide from a great position, and then 2 minutes after that Norway, in their first real attack, had a dangerous corner kick punched away by the Armenian keeper, Apoula Eddima Bete.

Norway continued to show more aggression and continued to dominate the play. On 22 minutes came the gaol that the game needed. Aoudia cleverly lobbed the ball into the far corner of the net, just managing to escape the outstretched hands of the goalkeeper.

Armenia tried to take the game to Norway and almost levelled the game just 5 minutes later when a Norwegian defender narrowly headed just past his own post. Norway remained in control up until the half time whistle.

Norway continued to dictate the play from the restart and although Armenia’s passing was good they had no fire power up front to trouble the well organised Norwegian defence.

Armenia had a half chance when No 9 Petrosyan cleverly beat two men only to finish with a weak shot straight at the keeper.

Aoudia continued to pose a threat and indeed could have had a hat trick with a little more luck.

Armenia made a substitution in the 64th minute in hope of injecting some sort of threat but as the game went on the Norwegians just got stronger and more confident.

In the 68th minute the game was all but over when Nisja scored with a fierce shot to make it 2-0. Play was almost all one way by now with the Norwegian ‘keeper almost a spectator for the last 30 minutes. Only a free kick from Petrosyan, which the ‘keeper saved at the second attempt was on any note from Armenia after that.

This was a convincing victory for Norway and they paid a fitting tribute to their small band of supporters following the final whistle when the whole team came over to the stand to acknowledge them.

Yorumlar kapatıldı.

%d blogcu bunu beğendi: